Saturday, May 23, 2015

Trips & Tips : European Saga


 

I love being able to travel and experience the many wonders of the world and discover the beauty of each countries that I've been to. Back in the day, I used to travel with a friend but due to our busy schedule and priorities, I had to travel solo and it's a totally different experience.

Whenever I had a short days off, say 3-5 days, I usually go to a neighboring countries that does not required a visa for Filipino citizens like me. Yes, we can actually travel without the need of applying for visa up to 60 countries but that doesn't include any of North America and Europe. (sigh!)

I have always wanted to go to Europe and explore different countries so I planned my trip 4 months prior to my travel and first things first is apply for a Schengen visa - a document issued by the appropriate authorities to the interested party for visiting/travelling in and within the Schengen area. To find out on how to apply for one , please check this link www.vfsglobal.com 

It almost took 2 weeks before I got my approved Schengen visa and it was the best feeling ever, having had to go through two denied visa from my previous applications is the worst thing but third time is a charm :-) 

Once you got your visa, the next step is to prepare your itineraries, Between April - June is the best months to visit Europe because of the warm weather, still it depends on what country you'll visit. I am not ashamed to say that I am a budget traveler and I go for cheap stuff - cheap flights and cheap accommodation but pretty decent. There's tons of budget airline like EasyJet, Ryan Air, Vueling etc... I suggest to book it 2-3 months before your travel time as it is usually cheaper - the closer the date, the higher the price is.. Good luck!!! I prefer to travel by air due to a limited no. of days but if I had more days I would have taken the train for a better sight seeing.

So there you have it, I just traveled nearly 5,000 miles, 1 continent, 4 countries in 5 days!!!

1st Leg : off to Athens, Greece
2nd Leg : off to Paris, France
3rd Leg : off to Barcelona, Spain
4th Leg : off to Rome, Italy 

Back to the Sandpit
and that concludes my European journey, I will be sharing more stories in each countries on my next post so better watch out fellas :-)

Cheers and Love
Butch x




No comments:

Post a Comment