Thursday, August 21, 2014

Fashion vs. Style!!!


"To experiment with style"

Fashion is evolving every now and then and never get confused between Fashion and Style, So let me ask you this? What is the real deal between Fashion and Style? What makes them different from one another.

Here is the definition stated by Fashion Blogger Jill Chivers;

Fashion is the relationship to the external.  It is concerned with “what’s out there” (fashion items, in the stores).  It’s a matching process between what’s out there(fashion’s primary interest) to what I’m wearing.  Is what I’m wearing a ‘match’ for what’s ‘out there’, to what’s been deemed ‘in fashion’?
Style is the relationship to the internal. It’s about “what’s in here” (my sense of self, my identity, my perception of who I am).  The matching process is between what’s in here and how that is reflected and expressed in what I’m wearing.  Does my clothing ‘match’ my sense of who I am, at least for today?
Based on that definition, you can easily tell a big difference in the orientation of our focus if it's on fashion versus style. 
Fashion is very universal - it rapidly evolves and constantly changes, style has a dynamic nature too but it's more about self expression and showing your uniqueness which I think that what makes us different from one another!!!





and that is my views on Fashion vs. Style , if you got something to share, please feel free to drop me a note
Details of my outfit below;
Head Accessories : Salakot from Philippines
Dress Shirt : Zara
Trousers : Zara
Oxford Shoes : Zara
Eye wear : H&M

Cheers and Lurv
Butch x






No comments:

Post a Comment