Sunday, June 15, 2014

Manila - A tourist in me!!!


Traditional Hat : "Salakot" from Quiapo
Top Tanks : Cotton On
Sweat pants : Cotton On
Hi Top Sneakers : Maison Martin Margiela
























While on leave for almost two weeks, I haven't decided whether to go to Brazil for the FIFA World Cup or Casablanca in Morocco  for a nature trip but being a solo traveler sometimes can be scary  to visit any of these countries which has a reputation of a not so safe places to visit to - but safety issue is almost everywhere in the world , Isn't it? After spending 5 days on local leave - I finally decided to just utilize the rest of my remaining days in Manila - Thanks to a dear friend who let me use a staff ticket- that save me a fortune!


The plane arrives the next day and no single moment was wasted - first stop is we went to Quiapo -  It is a district in the bustling, busy and crowded city of Manila. Quiapo gets it name from a floating plant named; "Kiapo" that grew abundantly around that area. This place is made popular for the Quiapo church where you can see the Black Nazarene -  the statue of Jesus of Nazarene is thought to give miracles and blessings. We searched the area looking for some traditional items for my street styling shots and I was fascinated by the art pieces. See photos below;

(wearing a Salakot)
























(amazing feather headpiece)




(famous Jeepney in Manila as backdrop)


























I could say that it is definitely fun in the Philippines...

























More of my upcoming Manila adventures will be posted soon. Please feel free to share any thoughts or suggestions. I am open for any feed backs :) Till next time sweethearts:)

Much Love
Butch

No comments:

Post a Comment